Public Notices & Agendas
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Regular Board Meeting
Agenda: Mar. 19, 2019 @ 7:30 p.m.
- Call to Order, Roll Call, & Pledge of Allegiance
- Confirmation of Compliance with Open Meetings Law
- Informal Public Comment Time
- Minutes of previous meeting: Mar. 5, 2019 & Mar. 15, 2019 Emergency Roads
- Operators’ Licenses (as needed):
- Driveway Permit: Nick Konopacki, 6700 Harvest Hill Rd.
- Emergency supplies & preparations
- Road flooding – damage, posting, closing, emergent and long term remediation, etc.
- Road signage
- Recommendations of the Plan Commission:
- REZONE: Hermsen, Parcel 0808-212-9200-0 (APPROX. 7416 RILES RD.); 5.93 acres from A2 to SFR
- REZONE & CSM: Sukowatey, Parcel 0808-121-8501-0 (6446 Hwy. 19); 19.35 acres from A-1EX to AG & 5.01 acres from A-1EX to RUC
- Plan Commission appointments – Jeff Endres and Steve Resan
- OLD BUSINESS
- J.A.R. Storage
- Blight, 7166 County Hwy. K
- Committee Reports
- Road Patrolman’s Report
- Clerk/Treasurer’s Report and Correspondence
- Approval of Bills as presented
At the Feb. 19, 2019 Town Board meeting, the Town Board adopted:
- Resolution 2019-01: Adopting a Public Facilities Needs Assessment Supporting a Revision to the Town’s Park Fee on New Residential Development, and
- Ordinance 2019-1: An Ordinance to Amend Chapter 6 of the Code of Ordinances of the Town of Springfield, Dane county, Wisconsin to address state law changes and implement comprehensive plan recommendations, including revision of park fees to meet the state impact fee law amendment
NOTICE OF ABSENTEE VOTING INSTRUCTION
VOTING BY ABSENTEE BALLOT
Any qualified elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on Election Day may request to vote an absentee ballot. A qualified elector is any U.S. citizen, who will be 18 years of age or older on Election Day, who has resided in the municipality where he or she wishes to vote for at least 10 consecutive days before the election. The elector must also be registered in order to receive an absentee ballot. Proof of identification must be provided before an absentee ballot may be issued.
You must make a request for an absentee ballot in writing.
Contact your municipal clerk and request that an application for an absentee ballot be sent to you for the primary or election or both. You may also submit a written request in the form of a letter. Your written request must list your voting address within the municipality where you wish to vote, the address where the absentee ballot should be sent, if different, and your signature. You may make application for an absentee ballot by mail, email or in person.
Making application to receive an absentee ballot by mail
The deadline for making application to receive an absentee ballot by mail is:
5 pm, Mar. 28, 2019
Note: Special absentee voting application provisions apply to electors who are indefinitely confined to home or a care facility, in the military, hospitalized, or serving as a sequestered juror. If this applies to you, contact the municipal clerk regarding deadlines for requesting and submitting an absentee ballot.
Voting an absentee ballot in person
You may also request and vote an absentee ballot at Springfield Town Hall, 6157 CTH P, Dane, WI during regular business hours Mar. 11 – 29th, 2019.
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. M
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. T-Th
8:00 a.m. – Noon Fri.
No in-person absentee voting may occur on the day before the election (Mon. 4/1).
The municipal clerk will deliver voted ballots returned on or before Election Day to the proper polling place or counting location before the polls close on April 2, 2019. Any ballots received after the polls close will not be counted.
NOTICE OF SPRING ELECTION
TOWN OF SPRINGFIELD
APRIL 2, 2019
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that at an election to be held in the Town of Springfield, on Tuesday, April 2, 2019, the following offices are to be elected to succeed the present incumbents listed. The term for all offices is for two years beginning on Tuesday, April 16, 2019.
Office Incumbent Candidates
Town Board Chairperson *Don Hoffman James Pulvermacher
Town Board Supervisor I David Laufenberg David Laufenberg
Town Board Supervisor II James Pulvermacher Bill Statz & Tom Ripp
*Chairman Hoffman has indicated he will not seek reelection.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN, that the first day to circulate nomination papers is December 1, 2018, and the final day for filing nomination papers is 5:00 p.m., on Wednesday, January 2, 2019, in the office of the town clerk.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN, that if a primary is necessary, the primary will be held on Tuesday, February 19, 2019.
Acceptable Photo ID will be required to vote at this election. If you do not have a photo ID you may obtain a free ID for voting from the Division of Motor Vehicles.
Dianah Fayas, Clerk-Treasurer
November 15, 2018