Town of Springfield
6157 County Highway P
Dane, WI 53529-9760
Phone: (608) 849-7887
Town office hours are generally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday; 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Tuesday thru Thursday; 8:00 to Noon on Friday. Occasional meetings or errands may alter these times, so we encourage you to call ahead before visiting the office. A drop box is available to the left of the front door for after-hours deliveries. Voicemail is available 24 hours a day.
- Emergency: Call 911
- Waunakee Fire Department: 849-5488
- Middleton Fire District: 827-1090
Contact the appropriate fire department (not emergency number) to obtain burn permits for controlled burns.
Register for reverse 911 emergency contact: http://www.countyofdane.com/emergency/reverse_911.aspx
- Waunakee: 849-7522
- Middleton: 827-1050
- Cross Plains: 798-2720
- Emergency: Call 911
- Dane County, West Precinct: 267-4936
- Waunakee Community Schools: 608-849-2020
- Middleton Cross Plains School District: 608-828-1600
- Sauk Prairie School District: 608-643-5990
- Madison Gas & Electric: 1-800-245-1125 (customer service)
- Alliant Energy: 1-800-ALLIANT (customer service)
Sewer and Water
- The entire town is served by private well and septic
- TDS: 1-888-225-5837
- Department of Transportation 511: 1-800-762-3947
- Advanced Disposal – 608-251-7878 Please have your containers out by 6:00 a.m.
Town of Springfield Recycling Sites
- Schmidt’s Auto Salvage 6918 Meffert Rd., Waunakee
831-5635 Hours: Weekdays and Sat. 8-Noon Materials: Used oil, oil filters, batteries, antifreeze, gas and metals
- Dane County Highway Garage 6159 USH 12, Dane
798-1536 Hours: weekdays during business hrs. Materials: Used oil
- Town of Springfield does not offer composting or brush pickup. See compost sites below.
- Clean Sweep Facility 7102 US Hwy. 12/18 (Located across from Yahara Hills Golf), Madison
For hours and services provided see Clean Sweep link.
- County Landfill (General Info) Landfill #2 at 7102 U.S. Hwy 12/18
Compost Sites (General Info)
- The Waunakee Tribune and the Middleton Times Tribune serve as the official town newspapers.
- Waunakee Tribune: 849-5227
- Middleton Times Tribune: 836-1601
- Villages of Waunakee, Cross Plains and the City of Middleton all provide libraries.
- Southcentral Wisconsin Library
Online library catalog for most library materials. Materials can be searched and reserved online. Selections are delivered to your choice of library at no charge.
- Bookmobile: Saturdays Only Martinsville: 3:00-3:45 p.m.
- United States Post Office
- Village of Waunakee: 608-850-4151
- Village of Cross Plains: 608-798-4094
- City of Middleton: 608-831-5501
- Village of Dane: 608-850-3281
- Waunakee: 849-8385
- Middleton: 831-2373