Access Dane: Dane County Parcel Information to search for Real Property and Tax Information.
Zoning maps for the Town of Springfield are maintained by Capital Area Regional Planning Commission and can be found at the bottom of their home page.
The Town of Springfield contracts with Associated Appraisal Consultants, Inc. for our assessments. You can contact them at 920-749-1995 or their website has information you may be looking for at www.apraz.com.
BOARD OF REVIEW
Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 4-6 p.m.
- Call to Order, Roll Call, Pledge of Allegiance
- Confirmation of Board of Review and Open Meetings notices.
- Appointment of Chair and Vice Chair of Board of Review.
- Remote participation by Board and applicants and information in writing
- Verification that a member has met the mandatory training requirements
- Approval of previous minutes: May 12, 2021
- Review of law changes
- Board of Review process
- Review of the Assessment Roll—correct description or calculation errors, add omitted property, eliminate double assessed property.
- Discussion/Action—Certify all corrections of error (from previous year) and verify with assessor that any open book changes are included in the assessment roll.
- Consideration of (as needed):
- Waivers of the 48-hour notice of intent to file an objection
- Requests for waiver of the BOR hearing to allow appeal directly to circuit court
- Requests to testify by phone or submit sworn written statement
- Act on any other legally allowed/required Board of Review
- Review Notices of Intent to File Objections
- Proceed to hear objections, if any and if proper notice/waivers given.
COMPLIANCE WITH THE OPEN MEETINGS LAW is certified. Notice was given by posting this agenda at the Springfield Town Hall and on the town website. Meetings may be recorded.
The Town of Springfield will accommodate qualified persons with disabilities requesting such accommodations. Please contact the Town Clerk for more information. All agenda items are posted for discussion and possible action by the body.
The members of other Town boards, commissions or committees may attend this meeting. Even if a majority of another Town Board, commission or committee is present, that board, commission or committee will not meet, discuss or act on any business unless a meeting has been noticed.
NOTICE OF MEETING OF BOARD OF REVIEW
Public notice is hereby given that the Town of Springfield Board of Review will meet Wednesday, the 11th day of May, 2022, from 4:00 – 6:00 P.M., for the purpose of reviewing and examining the assessment roll of real and personal property in said Town and all sworn statements and valuations of real and personal property therein, and of correcting all errors in said roll, whether in description of property or otherwise, and to perform such other duties imposed by law. Forms for protesting of assessments are available from the Town Clerk-Treasurer, 6157 County Highway P, Dane, WI 53529. Please call 849-7887 to schedule appointments.
Taxpayers may appear at this meeting after having filed a notice of intent to appear with the Town Clerk forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting. Taxpayers also may be allowed to address the board of review with less than a forty-eight hour notice if both they and the assessor sign a waiver of the forty-eight hour requirement. Failure to file the required forty-eight hour notice of intent to object may result in denial of a hearing by the Board of Review.