NOTICE OF SPRING ELECTION
TOWN OF SPRINGFIELD
APRIL 6, 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that at an election to be held in the Town of Springfield, on Tuesday, April 6, 2021, the following offices are to be elected to succeed the present incumbents listed. The term for all offices is for two years beginning on Tuesday, April 20, 2021.
Town Board Chairperson James Pulvermacher
Town Board Supervisor I David Laufenberg
Town Board Supervisor II Bill Statz*
*Sup. Statz has filed non-candidacy paperwork; he is not seeking re-election.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN, that the first day to circulate nomination papers is December 1, 2020, and the final day for filing nomination papers is 5:00 p.m., on Tuesday, January 5, 2021, in the office of the town clerk.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN, that if a primary is necessary, the primary will be held on Tuesday, February 16, 2021.
Acceptable Photo ID will be required to vote at this election. If you do not have a photo ID you may obtain a free ID for voting from the Division of Motor Vehicles.
Dianah Fayas, Clerk-Treasurer
November 23, 2020
What do I do if I want to run for a local office?
Complete and submit a Campaign Registration Statement (Form CF-1)
- All candidates must file.
- New candidates file a campaign registration statement before funds are collected or spent.
- Continuing candidates file an amended campaign registration statement indicating the office sought and the new primary and election dates before funds are collected or spent.
- A current form must be filed with the Town Clerk by 5:00 p.m., January 5, 2021 or the candidate’s name will not be placed on the ballot. SS 8.10(5), 8.30(2), 120.06(6)(b)
Circulate and submit Nomination Paper for Non-partisan Office (Form EL-169)
- Nomination papers may not be circulated before December 1st. SS 8.10(2) Only original nomination papers (no photocopies, faxes, or emailed documents) will be accepted.
- All nomination papers must be submitted to the Town Clerk by 5:00 p.m. January 5, 2021
- The number of signatures required for town offices are 20-100. Must be qualified electors.
Complete and submit a Declaration of Candidacy (Form EL-162).
- This form must be filed by 5:00 p.m. on January 5, 2021 or the candidate’s name will not be placed on the ballot. SS 8.10(5), 8.21, 8.30(4).
Spring Primary Date: February 16, 2021
Spring Election Date: April 6, 2021Totals Tape 2