To register to vote &/or request an absentee ballot, please visit:
- Spring Primary (if necessary)
- February 20, 2024
- Spring Election & Presidential Preference Primary
- April 2, 2024
- Fall Primary
- August 13, 2024
- General Election
- November 5, 2024
- Polls are open on Election Day from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- In-person absentee voting starts two weeks prior to the election at the Clerk’s Office during normal business hours and ends the Friday preceding the election at 12:00 p.m.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen
- You must be 18 years or older on Election Day
- You have lived in Springfield for at least 28 days prior to Election Day
- You are restricted from voting; if you have been convicted of a felony and not restored to civil rights
Voters who have moved within Wisconsin less than 28 days before the election must vote from their previous address either by absentee ballot or at the polling location. Voters who have moved to Wisconsin from another state less than 28 days before the election are only eligible to vote in Presidential elections.
Registration is unavailable on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday before an election.
You may register to vote in person at the town hall. Please make sure to bring acceptable proof-of-residence if your correct address is not listed on your Driver’s License.
The State of Wisconsin Department of Transportation will issue free state-issued identification cards to any eligible voter that requests the free ID ‘for purposes of voting.’ If you are a regular voter that does not have a valid driver’s license or current state-issued identification, you may want to take the opportunity to receive that free identification card soon to avoid the rush at election time. You cannot have a current driver’s license and receive a free state ID. For more information visit these sites:
Absentee Ballots by Mail
All registered voters may visit MyVote Wisconsin and click “Vote Absentee” to request their absentee ballot. This request must be made no later than 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday before the election in order for an absentee ballot to be sent to you. Please be aware there is no guarantee that a ballot will arrive before Election Day if the absentee ballot request is submitted the week prior to the election.
The absentee ballot must be returned no later than 8:00 p.m. on Election Day. The following are options for returning a ballot:
- Mail it back in the postage-paid envelope.
- Drop it off at the clerk’s office at Springfield Town Hall during regular business hours, until 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
The United States Postal Service recommends mailing your ballot at least one week before Election Day. Returning a ballot from overseas may take longer. Voters can check the status of their ballot by visiting MyVote Wisconsin.
Absentee ballots may not be returned by email or fax.
- Notice of Spring Election – April 2, 2024
- No Outstanding Provisional Ballots for 4-4-23 election
- Location & Hours of Polling Place
- Notice of Spring Election
- March 30, 2023 Public Test of Voting Equipment
- Sample Ballot: Waunakee School District
- Sample Ballot: Sauk Prairie School District
- Sample Ballot: Middleton-Cross Plains School District
- Absentee Voting Instructions for April 4th Spring Election
- No Outstanding Provisional Ballots for Feb. 22, 2023 Primary
- Polling Place & Time (Townhall, 7am-8pm)
- Voter Instructions
- February 16, 2023 – Public Notice of Voting Equipment Test
- Sample Ballot – Feb. 21, 2023 Spring Primary
- Notice of 2023 Spring Election & Nomination Papers circulation
- Election Results – Nov. 8, 2022
- No outstanding provisional ballots – Nov. 8, 2022
- Voter Instructions
- Polling Place & Times for Nov. 8th election
- Voting by Absentee Ballot