The goals of the TDR program are to preserve farmland and farming; redirect housing to areas of existing residential development, parcels too small for most farming, and poorest soils; and provide voluntary, market-driven, criteria-based alternative to 1-per-35 splits.
(1) Developer and development rights seller work with Town to determine splits on sending area and complete criteria worksheet;
(2) Concept Plan review from Town Plan Commission;
(3) Developer secures option to purchase development rights;
(4) Rezoning and land division approval process; and
(5) Complete development rights transaction and record conservation restrictions against sending area property.
Density Study Committee
Thursday, July 7, 2022 @ 1:00 p.m. – Agenda
- Call to Order & Roll Call
- Confirmation of Compliance with Open Meetings Law
- Approve the minutes of June 16, 2022
- Review and determine split assignments in compliance with Town density policy
- Next Meeting/Steps