Public Notices & Agendas
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Regular Town Board Meeting, Public Hearing
& Special Town Meeting of Electors
Agenda: Nov. 18, 2019 @ 7:30 p.m.
- Call to Order, Roll Call, Pledge of Allegiance
- Confirmation of Compliance with Open Meetings Law
- Informal Public Comment Time
Move to recess Regular Town Board Meeting & Special Town Meeting of Electors and enter Public Hearing.
- Public Hearing on 2020 Budget, pursuant to sec. 65.90 of Wis. Statutes.
Move to close Public Hearing and enter Special Town Meeting of Electors.
- Special Town Meeting of the Electors, pursuant to sec 60.12(1)(c):
- Adopt the year 2019 Town tax levy to be paid in 2020 pursuant to 60.10(1)(a) – $862,482 as proposed
Move to close Special Town Meeting of Electors and enter Regular Town Board Meeting.
- Minutes of previous meeting: 5, 2019
- Chairperson’s Report
- Driveway Permit: 5288 Scenic Ridge Trail
- Discussion & adoption of 2020 Town Budget
- Dog License fees (potential updates to Office Policies & Ordinance 2.02 Dog Licenses)
- Resolution Authorizing Exceedance of 2019 Levy Limits to Pay for Charges Assessed by the Middleton Joint Fire District, Resolution 2019-4
- October financials
- Helt farmhouse razing timeline
- OLD BUSINESS
- Whippoorwill culvert and cul de sac
- Hyer Road Drainage: Cross Culvert Abandonment
- 7166 County Highway K
- 7139 County Highway K
- Zoning Violation: 6236 US Hwy. 12
- Outstanding salt shed invoice
- Outdoor storage and violations
- Volunteer funds ordinance for EMS & fire districts
- Bittersweet Court Town road parking issue
- Committee Reports
- Road Patrolman’s Report
- Clerk/Treasurer’s Report
- Approval of Bills as presented
2020 PUBLIC BUDGET HEARING & SPECIAL TOWN MEETING OF ELECTORS
Notice is hereby given that on Monday, November 18, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. at the Springfield Town Hall, 6157 Cty Hwy P, Dane, WI 53529, a Public Hearing on the proposed 2020 budget will be held for the Town of Springfield, pursuant to sec. 65.90 of the Wis. Statutes. A detailed copy of the proposed budget is available for inspection from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Notice is hereby given that on Monday, November 18, 2019, immediately following the completion of the Public Hearing, pursuant to Section 60.12 (1) (c) of the Wisconsin State Statutes, the Town Board has called a Special Town Meeting of the Electors of the Town of Springfield for the following purposes:
- To adopt the year 2019 Town tax levy to be paid in 2020 (Sec. 60.10 (1)(a) of the Wis. Statutes).
- To adopt the compensation of elective town officers (Sec. 60.32).
Notice is hereby given that the Town Board will meet immediately following the special meeting for the purpose of acting on the 2020 budget.
NOTICE OF HEARING AND AGENDA
Joint Town Board of Adjustment
Towns of Berry, Blue Mounds, Bristol, Springfield, Sun Prairie and Westport
Tuesday, November 19, 2019 @ 7:00 p.m.
Town of Springfield Town Hall, 6157 County Highway P, Dane, WI 53529
1. Call to Order – Chair Anthony Varda
2. Certification of Open Meetings Law Compliance
3. Roll |Call of members, appearances by the appellant and others.
4. Docketed Matters for the Meeting:
Appeal of Meinholz, LLC, operator of the Yahara Materials quarry located in the Town of Springfield, from the Determination of Zoning Administration dated July 18, 2019 and revised August 20, 2019.
6. The Joint Board may deliberate on the Docketed Matters, or, in its discretion, elect to receive post-hearing briefs. If the Joint Board elects to receive briefs, the Joint Board shall schedule the briefing and a meeting to deliberate on the appeal.
If any member of the public wishing to attend the hearing requests accommodations of a disability, they should contact the Town Clerk of the Town of Springfield at least one week in advance at 608-849-7887 or by email to email@example.com.
It is possible that a majority of the Town Boards of Berry, Blue Mounds, Bristol, Springfield, Sun Prairie or Westport may be present, but those Boards will neither meet nor take action on any matters.
TOWN OF SPRINGFIELD
NOTICE OF PRESIDENTIAL PREFERENCE AND SPRING ELECTION
APRIL 7, 2020
STATE OF WISCONSIN
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that at an election to be held in the Town of Springfield, on Tuesday, April 7, 2020, the following offices are to be elected to succeed the incumbents listed. The term for Supervisor III and IV will be two years and begin on April 21, 2020.
Town Board Supervisor III Arthur E. Meinholz
Town Board Supervisor IV Daniel Dresen
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the first day to circulate nomination papers is December 1, 2019, and the final day for filing nomination papers is 5:00 P.M. on Tuesday, January 7, 2020.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN, that if a primary is necessary, the primary will be held on Tuesday, February 18, 2020.
MIDDLETON MUNICIPAL AIRPORT-MOREY FIELD INFORMATION
Information related to the Middleton Municipal Airport can be found on their website at: https://www.cityofmiddleton.us/93/Airport
NOXIOUS WEED NOTICE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN to each and every person who owns, occupies or controls land in the TOWNS OF SPRINGFIELD, County of Dane, State of Wisconsin, to cut or destroy noxious weeds on such property before the plants bloom.
Noxious weeds are: Canada Thistle, Leafy Spurge, Field Bindweed (creeping Jenny), Yellow Rocket, Perennial Sow Thistle, Musk Thistle, Giant Foxtail, Wild Hemp (Marijuana), Yellow Mustard, Velvet Leaf, Wild Radish, Bull Thistle and the Buckthorn Bush and any other weed the governing body of any municipality or the county board of any county by ordinance or resolution declares to be noxious within its respective boundaries. Wis. Stats. § 66.0407(b). Noxious Weeds shall be controlled at such time and in such a manner as shall effectively prevent such plants from bearing seed, or spreading to adjoining property.
Town of Springfield